Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Artomatic Frederick 2013 - So far so Good

I am displaying my handcrafted journals/books and mixed media at Artomatic Frederick.  (www.artomaticfrederick.org) Artomatic opened its doors September 4th and runs through October 5th.  My artwork is on display in building 115 E Chruch St, Frederick, MD room 16.  There are 350 artists displaying artwork, it is well worth the trip to Frederick to view.  It may even take more than 1 trip to soak it all up.  There were over 3500 guests this past Friday and Saturday alone!  I have already had some sales, journals and mixed media.  So I can say I am a happy camper.  It is always a warm feeling when someone makes a purchase.  It took me a long time to let go of some of my artwork - I call them my "favorites".  Seems the favorites sell right away.  I can say I am in a happy place right now, being retired and have the ability to work on my art every day or not at all.  It is a very nice luxury. 

I have met and become friends with some new artists - it is always nice to make new connections in the world of art.

I am quite busy with several custom orders, 2 journals, 5 "girls" (http://www.pinterest.com/artsybab/my-girls/)  and 2 "Friends".   I also have students signed up for my "Paper Design" class and "Polymer Clay - Coptic binding" class.  All classes are taught at the Artway in New Market, MD.  (www.polymerclayexpress.com)  Check it out!

Now back to my art. 

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Bette on a great start to the show! Your work is wonderful so it's no surprise that it's selling! can't wait to see you in 2 weeks at ArtBliss!

    ReplyDelete