Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back from R&R

I just spent a wonderful week  in Myrtle Beach with my husband - it was truly R&R and our 28th Anniversary.  Long walks on the beach, watching the sunrise, dinners out and laying by the pool and hot tub was all the doctor ordered.  I did bring projects with me, but they never left the bag I packed them in.  I guess I really needed to relax.  We spent a couple hours one evening at the Carolina Oprey for a "Good Vibrations" show to bring us back in time (our era) which was music from the 60's, 70's and 80's.  We went to an historic restaurant in Little River called Parson's Table for our Anniversary.  The building was constructed in 1885 as the Little River Methodist Church and was converted into an unusual fine restaurant. The entry doors are made from local cypress and are over 150 years old.  The floors in the main section is the actual siding from a farm house built in 1850.  There are many pieces of stained glass throughout the restaurant which came from various churches in S.C.  Oh yeah, the food was excellent as well!  It is very quaint and lovely.  We just may go back there for our "'29th".
Parson's Table Entrance


Sunrise

Church windows inside Parson's Table

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea for a restaurant! I love historical places and stained glass! Happy Anniversary again! Glad you got much needed R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bette! The restaurant looks really cool! Happy Anniversary!


    Your blog is looking really great! I love, love, love your awesome papers!

    ReplyDelete