Saturday, October 1, 2011

Artomatic - Frederick, MD

Whew - my first "real" entry. Last night I was dreaming about writing this entry and woke up far too early this morning (5:50AM) thinking about it. Way too early for a Saturday. Granted I am a morning person, but I would prefer a couple more sleep hours for a Saturday.
Yesterday I volunteered for Artomatic in Frederick, MD. http://www.artomaticfrederick.org/is an art venue displaying the creative works of hundreds of local artists for 6 weeks. The venue features 27,000 square feet of space on four floors showcasing visual arts, theatre, music, dance and poetry. I am one of 300 plus artists with a display. All artists must volunteer 15 hours. Yesterday was my first 5 hours which also provided me the opportunity to give private tours and view all the art. All the art is a sight to see - it is all fantastic and many have said this is one "fine art" venue versus craft. If you have a chance you really should take an afternoon (or day) to view. Artomatic opened its doors September 28th and runs through November 6th. Go to the Aromatic web site for more information. (http://www.artomaticfrederick.org/). Tonight is the ribbon cutting ceremony and "Meet the Artists". I am excited to be part of this wonderful event. Mark your calendars and I hope to see you there!

1 comment: