Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving!  Turkey day is here and Christmas is right around the corner.  Spending a relaxing day with all the trimmings with immediate family, husband and son.  Our son came home yesterday to spend the holiday and weekend with us.  It is always a pleasure to see him.  He is in the Navy so we do not see him much during the year, but he does make time to be home for the holidays.  Up to this day I have been busy taking online workshops - well "taking" is subjective - I've been downloading and watching videos, but haven't accomplished a whole lot of "hands-on".  I'll post about all the workshops later.  My current muse is cleaning up work spaces and organizing.  Organizing means more containers and discovering how many duplicates I have.  Is giving a duplicate as a gift considered re-gifting?  I don't think so.  There was once upon a time I loved to shop - wander the malls for hours.  As the years passed I found shopping not so much fun anymore.  Now it is, go to a store for the item you want purchase it and leave as soon as possible.  Today I reviewed all the shopping ads - sales start at 10PM tonight - I do not really want anything but I have the urge to go out tonight to shop.  What's up with that?

Have a blessed day and take time to reflect.

2 comments:

  1. I ended up going out last night too, just for a little while, not much i wanted, just a few kids things and a new desk chair, the rest I have done online this morning. Feel like I am in a holiday haze this morning! Enjoy your son's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you Bette on the whole shopping experience. Thanksgiving, Black Friday wheewwww now Christmas.... Oh my !!! not ready but trying to get things done.

    ReplyDelete