Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whose "poop" is it?

Normally I would not write about "poop", but I am in a bit of a dilemma and I need my Ranger from South Africa to assist.  A few weeks ago my husband and I spent relaxing time in Myrtle Beach.  During our absence an unknown creature decided our deck was a good place to leave its 'poop'.  This present was found on an adriondack chair cushion.  All I can tell you it is large enough for a dog or cat (cat maybe) and a lot of it.  My first reaction was to check if all my fish were still in the pond, which they were.  My dear husband took care of removing the remains but put the cushion back on the chair - ugh.  A couple of days later the same present was left in the same place.  All was removed along with the cushion.  It has been three weeks and no 'poop'.  Well so much for that, this morning the 'poop' was back and a lot of it.   Has this animal been storing it up for weeks?  I sure would like to know who or what is leaving these unpleasant presents on our deck!  The reason I need my ranger is when we were on safari in South Africa earlier this year the Rangers could track the animals based on footprints and poop.  I may have to resort to other measures - maybe a trap would work.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like the time for a have-a-heart trap! Something is marking it's territory! You'll have to let us know when you catch it what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same issue a few years ago. Next time you see it, Google different animal scat and you should find a picture. Ours was raccoon scat and they are notorious for picking a spot and sticking with it. Be sure to bleach the area really, really well and remove any food that is in the area (including bird seed). You can put the seed up again later but give it a month so the raccoon(s) can find someplace else to eat and poop.

    ReplyDelete